By Torrey, Makeup Maven
As the season changes, the leaves change colors, and it gets a little cooler out (depending on your geographic location), makeup becomes more about neutral, earthy tones, and less about the bright, in your face colors of the spring and summer. Makeup trends tend to follow those of fashion trends. Berry’s, deep toned reds, purples, and greens are all winners during the fall.
Here are some tips to easily transition from a summer bombshell to a fall diva.
1. Lipstick is probably the most seamless transition and easiest to do. bring out your deeper tones like these:
If color isn’t your speed just yet, nude is ALWAYS in style. During the fall months opt for a more brown or beige toned lipstick, complementary to your skin tone. Here are some examples
Another great cheaper alternative is NYX Cosmetics. You can find them in Ulta and some beauty supply stores. They have a huge selection of lipstick colors, as well as any cosmetics product you could need.
Red lipstick is ALWAYS in. one lipstick you can keep around all year round and works on just about every skin tone is MAC’s ruby woo. Try it. Even if you’re not a red lover (like me), you’ll still look good in it and it may possibly become one of your faves!
1. Lip liners can also help to alter the depth of your lipstick. Use a darker lip liner to create depth and dimension to your pucker!
2. Eyes – This season, nude eyes and bold lips are IN. Follow the lipstick guideline and you’re half way there! A nude eye can be no shadow or minimal shadow
To complete this look all you need is mascara and liner; really, that’s it.
A nude eye can be completed in literally 5 minutes. Load on the mascara (2-3 coats), line your top lash line and waterline, and smoke out your lower lash line if you’re daring 😉
A neutral eye, with shadow, can be accomplished in just a few simple steps as well. Depending on the depth you want with your neutral eye, you can get it with 2-3 shadows:
– a light colored shadow
– a midtone brown in your crease
– a deep brown or black in your outer V
– add your mascara and liner and you’re all done
3. Cheeks – Just as with your lipstick, your cheeks can follow the same scheme.
Remember to choose a blush that is complimentary to your skin tone with one of these tones:
Go as heavy or light as your like. I prefer heavy blush!
4. Skin – Since the weather is getting cooler, you don’t have to skimp on your foundation. Don’t worry; it won’t melt off this time of year. What you may have needed in the summer to combat sweating, running of your makeup, and overall yucky-ness, you may not need in the fall months.
Be sure to use an appropriate shade, as your tan fades, your summer foundation may no longer be a good match! A more matte face is usually in, but if that’s not what you like, keep with the semi-matte, glowing skin! I like glowing skin, so I’m glowing all year!
5. Brows – Bold brows are in! This doesn’t mean use a black pencil to fill them in. They can be bold, but not harsh. Use a color that is similar to your hair color. if your hair is jet black, use a deep brown. If you hair is blonde, use a lighter brown or deep beige color. if your hair is red use an auburn toned color.
Along with a bold brow, you can opt to have a more sculpted brow by using concealer to “clean up” above and beneath the brow. If you’d like a pictorial on this, please let us know!
To transition to fall, you don’t have to buy a whole new catalog of makeup. Even though these are the trends, you can always have fun and wear what you want. I sometimes wear a deep lipstick in the summer. And I’m always good for wearing a bright lipstick any time of year!
Have fun but be cute 😉
Any skin tone can pull a deep (vampy) lip off. Here are some examples of the points listed above: