By Alexis, CEO Jr.
As many of you probably know, I graduated from West Chester University in May. Being a recent college grad does not leave you a lot of money for fun things; so, I have learned to be stylish on a budget! For this blog post I decided to challenge myself and went to Wal-Mart for some new clothes. “Wal-Mart!?” you may exclaim. Well despite some of its appearances, Wal-Mart can have some very cute clothes and they are definitely non-expensive. To further challenge myself, I decided to pick items under $20. Here is what I found!
(1) This is a really cute sweater by no boundaries for $7. I LOVE the detail on the shoulder. I think it would be super cute with a pair of jeans and black booties.
(2) This shirt is also $7 from no boundaries. I like the flow of this shirt and how it cinches in the back. I would pair this with jeans and black leather boots.
(3) I thought these two pieces would look really cute together for a going out to a bar outfit. The crème top is by no boundaries and it’s $9.88. The skirt is by Derek Heart and it is $12.88. (I realized I didn’t get the best picture of the skirt. It isn’t cut as high as it seems. The crème shirt was held super low on it. Also the blue is from the shirt that was behind it.)
(4) This l.e.i. sweater dress is $14.88 and it was the most expensive item I picked. I love the sparkles in it because it adds a little something special. This would look great with leggings and boots.
(5) Wal-Mart did not have a lot of jewelry to choose from but these earrings and bracelet were my two favorites. They are both Wal-Mart brand and I thought they were super cute and could go with a bunch of different outfits.
(6) Wal-Mart had many scarves but these were my favorites. I especially loved the turquoise Faded Glory circle scarf for $6.97.
(7) The last item I picked up was this Wal-Mart brand wallet for $10. It was functional with all of its pocket space and super cute with the metal heart.
This was so fun to do! If you have time you should try this challenge too and share how it worked out for you! Also let me know if you would like me to try to find chic items less than $20 at other stores by commenting below.
Questions? Let me know in the comments 🙂