By Erika, Fashion Expert
Most people who know me know that I travel a TON for my job. Some weeks it feels like I am home long enough to do laundry and then it’s back on the road again. In honor of my jet set lifestyle, today’s outfit is perfect for the traveling fashionista.
There are a couple of keys to dressing for travel, especially in the winter:
1. Wear the bulkiest layers on the outside Sweatshirts, sweaters, and even jeans take up a lot of space. By wearing them you save yourself room for any new items you might buy and will likely keep your baggage from going over the weight limit.
2. Layer up! Planes are notoriously chilly – so wearing layers will allow you to temperature adjust independent of what the airplane temperature may be. This outfit, which features a tank top under a super cute embroidered sweatshirt, accomplishes just that.
3. Easy on, Easy off. I have TSA pre-check, but for anyone who does not you will be required to remove your coat and shoes. Slip on shoes and a jacket with a tie belt go a really long way in getting through security quickly!
Jetsetter tip: Keep toiletries in the same bag as your laptop to expedite your security experience while traveling with only carry-ins.
4. Durable luggage has done a body good after all of these years. My personal favorite is hardshell luggage because it can withstand being tossed to and fro. Opt for 360 degree spinning wheels and a warranty.
5. Dress it up, just a little. If there is any chance of you getting upgraded to seats with more room or first class, you want to look the part. Even in casual clothing you’ll want to look put together and not like you rolled straight out of bed and failed to brush your teeth. So skip the PJs and sweats and opt for something a little neater. These skinny jeans are perfect to hold you down on your next trip.
What travel dips do you guys have?