For the past five years (wow, it’s really been five!) my friends and I have made a list of goals we want to accomplish throughout the year (i.e. nine in ’09, ten in ’10, you get the idea). While I haven’t yet accomplished every goal on my list in one year (some of them are HARD), it gives me something to focus on and strive for throughout the year. And, personally, through my goal setting I’ve been able accomplish a number of feats, including running and half marathon, walking 60 miles in 3 days and raising over $4000 for breast cancer research.
In 2013, I am creating a list of thirteen goals for Your Chic is Showing to accomplish this year. I’m sharing YCS’ readers so that you can keep me (and our contributors) honest. So, without further adieu, here are Your Chic is Showing’s “Thirteen in ’13.”
- Get back to consistently posting. I know, things fell apart towards the end of the year. I want to get back to my schedule of regularly posting 3 days each week.
- Do more event and party planning post. Fashion is my passion. Fashionable events are my other passion. I want to share more tips, tricks and recipes about how to host fabulous events on any budget.
- More men’s style posts. I know guys read this blog too. I haven’t forgotten about you. I’ve already lined up a 2nd men’s style contributor and I’m looking forward to seeing what he has to share.
- Find a hair contributor. I’m passionate about my own hair only in that I have a wicked hair complex and I’m convinced I have an afro when 99.9% of the time I don’t. However, I know that hair is a huge part of personal style. And, while my pixie works for me (yep, I cut my hair) and I could give you tips on working with that particular hair style, I think we need a contributor with a bit more versatility. Any recommendations?
- Collaborate with other bloggers. In the summer I was able to write for Curvy Urbane and I loved it. I want the chance to write for other bloggers and also have them write for us!
- Address for reader concerns. I get a lot of questions from readers in passing or on twitter. And, I address them right there. But, I want to be more diligent about sharing those questions with everyone. We all have a lot of the same concerns.
- Learn to use my tripod so that I can do my own editorial shoots and also start using videos. Pretty self explanatory. If I would just take the time to come up with a set-up I like and perfect the camera timer I’d really have something. And I think video will take us to the next level (even though I sound like a 4 year old on camera).
- Get more Facebook likes, Twitter followers and Instagram followers. We are one big chic family and I want our family to keep growing. Which means I need to be more consistent in posting on all of those platforms.
- Host one reader event/meet-up per quarter. Like I said, we’re a family. So we should get together every now and then for a chic and fabulous good time!
- Add an outfit of the week to Instagram. Not just mine, but readers as well. I want to see what everyone is wearing. And I need to be more diligent about sharing what I’m wearing.
- Tweet my tips and tricks more regularly. I used to be a really good tweeter. And then I got lazy. Time out for that.
- Monetize the website. But I promise not to inundate you with ads. That’s just annoying.
- Solicit more reader feedback. I want to give you guys what you want. The only way to know if to ask.
Well, now that you guys know what I hope to do in 2013 so you can help keep me accountable. If I start slippin’ feel free to call me out in the comments, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or in the streets.
I’m looking forward to a FABULOUS 2013 with you all!
13 thoughts on “Thirteen in ’13”
OMG – these sound great! I am super excited for your future events!! I am *this* close to finalizing details for an event later this month. Let’s do this!
Thanks!! I am super excited about doing events and working with other bloggers. 2013 is going to be a great year for us!!!
These are great! I’m down to do some curly hair posts if you want. It will give me an excuse to experiment! Can’t wait to see what you come up with this year!! xo!
I would love that!!!! We’ll have to work out details but that would be amaze-balls!!
What about Pinterest? I hear that’s a place people go for fashion and event ideas and such.
I love Pinterest but I find it more time consuming than some other social media sites. Maybe I’ll look into adding it to the growing list of places YCS is represented. Thanks for the suggestion!
Hi nice reading youur post
Comments are closed.